Preparing for your Firearms Qualification:
The final step in getting your Level 3 Security Training certificate completed.
· Please bring a Printed copy of your PSB-30 or PSB-31 Class Completion Certificate
· Footwear that covers the entire foot (mandatory)
· A shirt with a conservative neckline (suggested, to protect against hot brass)
· Handgun: Minimum caliber for Level 3 Security License Qualification is 9mm.
· Handguns should be in clean and safe working order
· Firearms must be transported in a case, holster, or bag when entering/leaving the range
· At least TWO empty magazines required for semi-autos
· Ammunition: Minimum 50 rounds of brass-cased, factory ammo. No reloads.
Eye protection, hearing protection are required and available upon request. Feel free to bring your own eye and hearing protection.
***Applicants must be proficient with using a Semi-Auto Handgun.****
- To Include Loading a Magazine, Range Safety, Clearing a Jam, General Mechanics of a Handgun
If you are new to shooting please sign up for the Firearm 101 Class before Qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The officer must shoot a minimum score of 175 out of 250.
20 rounds at 3 yards
20 rounds at 7 yards
10 rounds at 15 yards
New shooters can click on the link below to register for an intro to handgun class to become more comfortable handling a firearm and work through basic techniques and safety protocols for firing a handgun.